Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day to Me!!! My new bag!

110_2788

I have been wanting to make myself a new bag for a while and since Mother’s Day is here I decided to take a break from sewing for other people and whip myself up something pretty! We have been going to Disneyland quite a bit and although we are out of the diaper bag stage, I still need something big to hold everyone’s things! Why is it that the mom always has to hold everything??? Anyhow, a cross-body messenger bag seemed like a good solution. So here it is in all it’s cuteness :) I used the tutorial on All People Quilt but made a few modifications. I made the strap a little longer and patchworky because I am in love with this camera strap but I have no need for it! I also added some extra pockets. There was supposed to be a big pocket along the back of the bag on the outside, but I totally forgot to put it on there…had it all cut and ready to go too. Oh well…maybe I’ll make a matching makeup pouch or something! And last but not least, I added my super cute Sew Chatty label from MommieMadeIt. I am sure to get lots of use out of this bag starting today!!!

110_2793110_2795

3 comments:

I love your comments, they make my day! Is your email linked to your profile so I can reply to you? Hope so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...